Have you heard of Sparkman Wharf? Whether you are a native or just visiting Tampa Bay, stopping by the water is a must! When you are in downtown Tampa one of the places to check out is the south end of Tampa Riverwalk. Here you will find some of the best chefs as well as some of the best brewers. Sparkman Wharf is the place where everything comes together for outside entertainment, great food, wonderful views. It’s the place where water and life meet.
Sparkman Wharf used to be called Channelside but is now been re-worked to be included with new development and retail. Now not only are there food trucks but also expansive space overlooking the water for the channel. You can eat, shop, and relax while in the area.
Upon arrival you will be greeted with the brightly painted shipping containers that serves as the hot spots to grab a bite to eat. There are a lot of dining options while at Sparkman Wharf and more and more are coming. Just to name a few, check out the list below;
- Corners Pizza – they make Detroit style pizzas in the shape of squares
- Flock & Stock – this was created by Tampa Bay restaurateur Dave Burton
- Gallito – which is a modern taqueria restaurant created by Ferrell Alvarez
- BT in a Box – by BT Nguyen who is famous for her take on French & Vietnamese food
- Foundation Coffee and Whatever pops – both of which are Tampa Heights based
In all there are currently more than ten restaurants that will give visitors all the dining options for outdoor fun that you could need or find anywhere in the area. There are also plans to build a 3,000 square foot covered bar. There will be thirty taps with everything from local drafts, wine, iced tea, and more.