Looking for a great theme park to try? Why not visit Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay! This theme park should be on your to do list when in the Tampa area. Considered amongst the best when it comes to the ultimate family adventure and features some of the best up-close animal encounters along with award winning live shows and entertainment, topped off with superb world class thrilling rides.
Located on more than 300 acres this fascinating place is one the whole family can enjoy. With more than 12,000 animals its not just a theme park but rather a place that includes live shows, thrilling rides, shops, games, and restaurants.
Busch Gardens was founded in 1959 by Anheuser-Busch and began simply as a collection of tropical gardens and a bird sanctuary. In the beginning the brewery was actually the main attraction while the garden and sanctuary were adjacent to Budweiser’s brewery. Not only could guests tour the brewery and enjoy free beer samples but the could also check out the wildife and tropical gardens.
Though created by a beer company Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is a very family-friendly theme park. Busch Gardens is busy all year round however prices and crowds tend to rise during school vacations and summer time.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
10165 N. McKinley Dr.
Tampa, FL 33612
Located on the corner of Busch Blvd and 40th Street
Hours of Operation
Monday-Sunday (10:00am – 6:00pm)
Extended hours during select weekends, summer and holiday periods.
Cost for Busch Gardens Tampa
Regular one-day admission is $109.99 (ages 3 & up)
Busch Gardens Tampa from Orlando
To travel from Orlando to Busch Gardens Tampa is about 73 miles and takes roughly one hour or so depending on traffic. It is safe to say close to two hours depending on where you are coming from.
Busch Gardens Fun Card
Usually for less than the price of one-day regular admission you can get the Fun Card and enjoy the whole year. You can also get the combo Fun Card for both Busch Gardens and Adventure Island.
Rides at Busch Gardens
- Iron Gwazi – North America’s tallest hybrid coaster and the fastest & steepest in the world.
- Tigris – Florida’s Tallest Launch Coaster
- Cheetah Hunt – Triple-launch roller coaster
- Sheikra – 90 degrees straight down and 200 ft up
- Montu – Inverted roller coaster
- Falcon’s Fury – 335 foot freestanding tower drop
- Cobra’s Curse – Family spin coaster
- Kumba – the steel coaster that roars
- Congo River Rapids – whitewater rafting
- Skyride – cable car with views
- Stanley Falls Flume – family favorite water ride
- Serengeti Express – train ride through the Serengeti
- Scorpion – 360 degree vertical loop upside down
Busch Gardens NEW Theme Park Map
If you want to get the most recent and updated park map visit here.